Faculty of Informatics
Via Giuseppe Buffi 13
Simone Pezzuto is group leader at the Institute of Computational Science in Lugano and member of CCMC. He obtained his Master's Degree (2009) and his Ph.D. (2013) in Mathematical Engineering at Politecnico di Milano. After a short postoctoral position in the same institution, he moved at Simula Research Laboratory, Oslo, in the Cardiac Modeling (CaMo) group, headed by S.T. Wall and supervised by J. Sundnes. He covered such position until the end of 2014, when he eventually moved to his current position in Lugano.
Simone's research at CSCS primarily focuses on cardiac electrophysiology, with particular interest in atrial fibrillation, ECG imaging, uncertainty quantification. In the past he has been focusing on cardiac mechanics, with a particular interest into the electromechanical coupling in the heart, which is also the main subject of his Ph.D. thesis.
- 2013-2014, Simula Research Laboratory, Lysaker, Norway
- Post-Doc position on "electromechanical coupling in the heart", supervised by J. Sundnes.
- 2013, Politecnico di Milano
- Post-Doc position on "active mechanics of the heart", supervised by D. Ambrosi.
- 2010-2012, Politecnico di Milano
- Ph.D. in Mathematics
Thesis: Mechanics of the Heart: Constitutive Issues and Numerical Experiments, advisors Prof. D.Ambrosi
- 2011, UCSD
- Visiting student at Cardiac Mechanics Research Group, Bioengineering Department.
- 2008-2009, Politecnico di Milano
- Master's Degree in Mathematical Engineering
Thesis: Space-time adaptivity for non-linear reaction-diffusion systems with application to electrocardiology (pdf in italian), advisors Prof. F.Nobile and S.Perotto.
- 2004-2008, Politecnico di Milano
- Bachelor in Mathematical Engineering
Thesis: Analytical estimates of principal frequency of polygonal membranes (pdf in italian), advisor Prof. M.Bramanti.